Skip to main content

Coastal Scents Hot Pots

Coastal Scents Hot Pots



Hey everyone, Hope you are having an amazing week. This review of the Coastal scents was a requested one from the beauty community on instagram.

I remembered seeing the special deals going on with the hot pots over on their website till I finally caved in. Can you believe these were under a dollar each?


Yep, I think they were 98 cents each if I am correct. Normally they are under two dollars, so they are still very affordable.

It was very hard for me to find swatches of these on social media so I hope my swatches are a little helpful. On the website they only feature the picture of the eye shadow with a short description.

When they arrived some where true to the color on the website and others were not. Yet I wasn't disappointed since I just grabbed shades based on reviews and stars they received.



All the shades feel soft to the touch especially the metallic. They swatched really well for the price I paid. (Swatches were done without primer)
 Cornflower blue and fancy pansy where the only ones I struggled with.

Each pan is 26 mm and have a magnetic back so you can easily pop them in on your favorite magnetic palette or shop for one of their affordable magnetic palettes on the site here. They are great for customizing your own palettes. I know sometimes we get tired of what brands come out with and we like to have the shades we actually use in one place.



I created two looks using these hot pots. In this 1st pic I am using the shades Timeless taupe and chocolate berry on the inner and outer crease. I then added sage sensation with balsam on the center of the lid. I like to layer dark shades on the inner corners to create depth.

How did they apply?

Well, I will mention that after trying many other brands and experimenting a little longer with eyeshadow I would call these beginner eyeshadows. I know everyone has their opinions and some makeup artists do enjoy these. Don't get me  wrong I still like them and will probably be purchasing more. I just found them to take a little more effort to blend and to apply as bright as they look in the pan. I had to use a few layers and even wet my brush for them to show up as they did in both looks.



For the second and Final look I used the shades Sea foam by the inner tear duct, I used Cornflower blue  in the crease, and tanzanite on the lid. I never thought I would enjoy blues but this look is something I will probably continue to wear.

As  a beauty addict this deal reeled me in and I would recommend that you check them out if you like. They are affordable so you are not going to be loosing much incase you didn't like them. Me personally...to give you an idea... I would probably rate them a 6 out of 10. They aren't awful its just the time it takes to get the look you want.

There you go. These are my thoughts and opinions. I kept them short so if you have any other questions feel free to leave a comment. I did buy these with my own money and do continue to keep my reviews honest.

Have a lovely week.
XOXO RUBI




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wooden Watches: The must have accessory!

Jord Watches Happy Friday. The holidays are lovely and all but It's also a breathe of fresh air when we can all go back to our normal schedule. Back to work or back to our regular roles, Would you agree? Wait! Do not Take such a big breathe of relief. Why?  Because we still have birthdays to plan and that special Valentine Gift to Think up. Let me help you out.... Hello There! Let me make your Year even sweeter with a new giveaway. Do not forget to enter in the link at the end of this post. Have you heard of a wood watch before?  I certainly did not. It never came to mind how beautiful and how fashionable they would look. When Jord Watches contacted me to ask If I would love to try one of their watches I just couldn't refuse. Instead of choosing one for myself I thought It would be a great idea to pick out something for the hubby. He has a wonderful collection of watches (Perfect to time me when I am shopping Haha) So I felt that

At Home Teeth Whitening: Does it work?

Smile Brilliant  Happy Thursday beauties. It has definitely been quite a while since I posted on the blog but Since the holidays are just around the corner I wanted to share The perfect kit to get your teeth looking great for the family photos. (Read to the end for a special surprise.) Have you ever tried an at home kit before? This definitely was not my first time, but prior to tryin one out I made sure to do my research. "At home kits may not be for everyone. Some do not cater to sensitivity and It is not suggested for those who have had a lot of work done on their teeth."   Smile Brilliant reached out to me not to long ago and after learning from some friends that they enjoyed the experience and loved the out come I decided to give it a go.  Of course you do want to do some research of your own on any product. This is my experience and   These are my opinions:   This at home Kit was definitely unique. The

Spotlight on The VIIcode Oxygen Eye cream

VIIcode Luxurious Eye Cream Happy Tuesday  beauties. Is there one luxurious product you cant live without ? Today on the blog I will be introducing you to a luxury skincare brand with the perfect eye cream you really want to know about. This product was gifted to me but they have given me time to test so that I can provide my honest opinion and results.  History Behind this brand First off this brand is completely new to me but has been a queens secret till after her death. Byrne victor created this amazing and yet secret formula for queen josephine (Napoleans wife) It was kept secret till she died and finally brought to light by one of his offspring around world war 2. It arrived to US where they opened shop in NY.  This lovely cream comes in three sizes that range from $99 up to $289. It arrived in a beautiful leather bag with a soft interior (Definitely, very Fancy)   The size I received is the 5ML (Smaller size) and retails for the $99.  I